On the Road Again

I started this blog in the summer of 2010, when I rode my bike from Seattle to Boston to celebrate my Big Five-O and just generally have fun. I had so much fun with both the riding & the writing that from time to time I post more stories & photos of my adventures on the road (and trail).


Friday, July 30, 2010

Some new pictures!


It's funny - I usually have a lot to do on my "rest days" and St. Paul has been that way too. Re-stocking supplies that are harder to find in small towns, mailing stuff home that I don't need anymore (wool hat & gloves, long underwear & wool socks, for example - pretty sure I'm done with these!), cleaning & tinkering with the bike... but finally I've got some more pictures to put up. These go from Miller, SD to St. Paul - not a lot of dramatic landscape, but still plenty of interesting things along the road... including the last of the yellow arrows.

For the past few weeks I've been a day or two behind the Cycle America group I started out with, and found many of their yellow arrows on the roads. On Monday our paths diverged and I saw the last yellow arrow of this trip, I think - unless we cross paths around Niagra Falls, which would be really fun. Well, more than fun, honestly: I feel a pretty deep connection to the folks in the group, and it's been comforting to maintain that through sightings of the arrows. But it's also exciting to strike out on my own path - well, such as it is: now I'll be using Adventure Cycling Association route maps. (Until I get to Bufffalo, NY, where I'll jump onto the Erie Canal bike trail.)




2 comments:

  1. I like the machine gun rental flyer. Good catch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the picture of the woman filling up her John Deer at the gas station. Not something you see here is Pittsburgh. I am enjoying your blog and travels. Thanks

    ReplyDelete