On the Road Again

I started this blog in the summer of 2010, when I rode my bike from Seattle to Boston to celebrate my Big Five-O and just generally have fun. I had so much fun with both the riding & the writing that from time to time I post more stories & photos of my adventures on the road (and trail).


Saturday, July 24, 2010

South Dakota, redeemed

OK, whining's over (for now, anyhow). Had a great, fun day of riding only partially against a wind that wasn't very bad - and got into Watertown early enough to not only get new glasses, yay! but also have time to explore the older, downtowny part of town - which is the fun stuff I don't always have a chance to do.

I managed to find the best dinner I've had since Missoula, Montana (four weeks ago, wow) and then discovered that the chair in my motel room is actually a recliner...! I've been reclining for a while now and feel like a new woman. (It goes well with researching city campgrounds in western Minnesota, and eating a whole package of Milano cookies, too.)
With all my whining this morning I forgot to post one of the high points of Friday's ride: seeing the largest pheasant IN THE WORLD, right there in Huron, SD. (Next door to a miniature golf course - with pie! and ice cream - thanks to Chuck from the Cycle America group who emailed me that tip, so I could keep an eye out for it.)
Today I saw more stark evidence of the damaging snow-melt, generally wet spring, and crazy week of storms...


and ended the ride with a big bowl of pasta, vegetables, olive oil and garlic... a great way to get ready to move on to Minnesota.




2 comments:

  1. You are a crack up! I love how you incorporated pics with your text in this post. You were drinking my favorite beer, right here from Kansas City!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading, as always! I was able to share YOUR stories today right here in the Excelsior about the frogs and bugs. It was one of those "I saw the grossest spider once" - a bunch of adults standing around our kitchen, hour #4 of the kids half-year birthday party and everyone was topping each other. I was able to ride your adventurous high by proudly telling a Ruth story! YAH! Keep 'em coming...

    ReplyDelete