On the Road Again

I started this blog in the summer of 2010, when I rode my bike from Seattle to Boston to celebrate my Big Five-O and just generally have fun. I had so much fun with both the riding & the writing that from time to time I post more stories & photos of my adventures on the road (and trail).


Saturday, August 14, 2010

(Not lost) in Owosso

What? You don't know where Owosso is? It's in the middle of the mitten, that being the lower peninsula of the state of Michigan. It's not far from the capital city of Lansing, it's having a glorious sunrise as I write this - and apparently it's also in the middle of a vast internet-free zone that extended from Traverse City to this donut place where I am having what passes for breakfast. (And enjoying the first wi-fi I've encountered since Tuesday.)

I never did find my laz(y)boy power recliner sofa... but another old friend whose contact info I'd lost has found my blog. Holy moly! But Mark, please send me your email so I can get in touch w/you (I couldn't seem to reply to your comment).


I am a sentimental blob even at home, but being on the road is really making me sappy, and I'm just about in tears over all the support and love that people are sending me. I can't say how much I appreciate it. It's amazing and really, really helps get me through the hard parts. (Especially since I dropped my iPod and apparently messed it up, so can't listen to inspiring music... the Pogues, Joe Strummer and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs had been good in the tired afternoons...)

Tonight I should be in Ann Arbor, drinking yet more great local beer and making my list of stuff to do tomorrow - which will definitely include posting pictures of this week of riding down the state of Michigan. Monday I'll be in Canada!!




2 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine riding the length of Michigan, let alone how far you've gone!! Rock on Ruthie!! Did you go through Clare???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. I had just told Irene that you had not posted for several days and were due at Peg’s soon. Bummer about the iPod you can only sing to yourself for so long :). Your trip is amazing and makes me want to hit the road (in a RV/Motorcycle). Heck I was thrilled last week when I hit the 200 mile mark on the bike at the gym. You are always on our mind and in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete