On the Road Again

I started this blog in the summer of 2010, when I rode my bike from Seattle to Boston to celebrate my Big Five-O and just generally have fun. I had so much fun with both the riding & the writing that from time to time I post more stories & photos of my adventures on the road (and trail).


Wednesday, August 25, 2010

4,000 Miles!!


I'm in central New York - and just west of Syracuse yesterday I hit 4,000 miles. I almost missed it but managed to watch my digitial odometer click from 3,999.9 over to 4,000 - but still can't believe it.

More good timing & luck: I'd already scheduled taking a couple of days to camp, rest & not ride my bike (though I always miss that... still love riding the bike!), and right now I'm struggling a little with either a pulled muscle or tendinitis, which is really irritating. I hope a couple of days break will improve things but either way I'm so close to the end I'll just ride through - it's just a lot harder to make it up these lovely rolling hills.

It's been raining all week, which is kind of fun to ride in but much more complicated for camping. Hoping the forecast for sun comes through, to ride into Albany and then Massachusetts - I'll be done in just over a week from today!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! John and I were just talking about when you'd be back, wondering how things were going. It'll be great to see you and hear more about your travels. I think you should have a pie party for your return! xo, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to college in central new york, LeMoyne College in Syracuse. Don't really miss it, although the pictures of the rural areas are beautiful.
    vicky

    ReplyDelete