On the Road Again

I started this blog in the summer of 2010, when I rode my bike from Seattle to Boston to celebrate my Big Five-O and just generally have fun. I had so much fun with both the riding & the writing that from time to time I post more stories & photos of my adventures on the road (and trail).


Sunday, July 10, 2011

O Canada, revisted

I apologize for my cheesy inability to resist making "O Canada" jokes, since I enjoy biking here so much... I have very limited time on the battery, not to mention an urgent need to make dinner - but this campground in the middle of nowhere actually has wi-fi so I can't resist this, either.

Here are photos from Saturday's brief joy-ride north from Creston, where I was staying. The road was very twisty-turny, not to mention rolling hills, following the woods on a ridge above a long, gorgeous lake, Kootenay Lake. I had meant to spend several days following the lake north, but ran out of time due to all those mishaps, but it was exciting to see even a little bit of it.

I really liked the ice-cream shop along the road - though I didn't actually go to it, I found it very photogenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment