On the Road Again

I started this blog in the summer of 2010, when I rode my bike from Seattle to Boston to celebrate my Big Five-O and just generally have fun. I had so much fun with both the riding & the writing that from time to time I post more stories & photos of my adventures on the road (and trail).


Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dangerous for cars!

Today I rode from Creston, British Columbia (Canada) through a bit of the Idaho panhandle and then into Montana - three states and two countries, in one day! It was a longish day (60 miles) but not too hot, and not too hard, so I mostly just enjoyed myself.

I'll be riding in very remote Montana for the next few days and probably won't get an internet connection again until maybe Wednesday night, when I should get to Whitefish. That's my gateway to Glacier National Park so I am very excited. I'm also excited just to be in Montana - though yeah, I'm slightly intimidated by biking A) in the mountains, B) in bear country, while C) there's a chance of thunderstorms on most afternoons... but they tend to blow through pretty quickly.

I'm feeling fit and will be very careful about putting the food far away from my tent (in the bathrooms of the RV camps I'm staying at, is my general strategy) so I'm not letting it get to me.

Those car drivers, on the other hand, must be feeling kind of nervous...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ruth,

    Brian send me a message a few days ago that you where on the road again. I envy you. Montana and Idaho brings back memories of our trip last year. And specially that day after de Holland-Brasil match (2-1!) when you, Chuck and me had to chase the rest of the group from West Yellowstone. Enjoy your trip Ruth, be careful, and hope to see you again some day somewhere around the globe.
    Jan (from the Netherlands).

    ReplyDelete