On the Road Again

I started this blog in the summer of 2010, when I rode my bike from Seattle to Boston to celebrate my Big Five-O and just generally have fun. I had so much fun with both the riding & the writing that from time to time I post more stories & photos of my adventures on the road (and trail).


Monday, May 31, 2010

Who knew?!

Ok, probably a lot of people knew, but I sure didn't: the countryside around Davis is amazingly lovely. Road 95A rocks! (Not to mention it looks a lot like southern France. Which admittedly I am only slightly familiar with, but the parts I saw were while riding a bike.) All these country lanes through groves of trees and following streams... little bridges... Ok, I didn't see this much graffiti in France - but it looked cool in person. Plus, Pleasant Valley and Green Valley roads really were pleasant and green. (And flat-ish.)

I also managed, finally, to take some pics using my tripod & timer - yet another technical challenge met.

Oh: I also rode my personal record distance today! 95 miles, Davis to Orinda. Now I feel like I actually can do this tour thing... (assuming I can climb on the bike again tomorrow).

More bridges between Davis & here...

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lovely ride. I hope to try more riding in the East Bay with the kids in the fall! Good luck on your adventure. I'm hoping to set our blog up this afternoon. We're getting thunderstorms in NY and NJ.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you started yet? Can't wait to read more.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete